Marshall Bruce Mathers
REGISTER FREE NOW! Learn News And Download FREE!

When You Register Introduce Your Self In The Section Of Newbies!

Respect The Rules

We Need Moderators,Uploaders,Graphic Designers..Register And Pm Me Or Reply In Announcements!!thanks
Marshall Bruce Mathers
REGISTER FREE NOW! Learn News And Download FREE!

When You Register Introduce Your Self In The Section Of Newbies!

Respect The Rules

We Need Moderators,Uploaders,Graphic Designers..Register And Pm Me Or Reply In Announcements!!thanks
Marshall Bruce Mathers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion About Eminem And News!

HomeÐüñôáëGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
We Need Moderators For The Forum! Pm Me In Forum!
Register Free And Learn News Or Download Free!

Royce Da 5'9" – Real Street Hop

Go down 
AuthorMessage
VioLenCe7
Eminem's Brother
VioLenCe7

Male
Áñéèìüò ìçíõìÜôùí : 328
Çëéêßá : 32
Ôüðïò : Rhodes Gate7
Áó÷ïëßåò : Olympiakos , Graffity , Hip Hop
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Royce Da 5'9" – Real Street Hop Empty
PostSubject: Royce Da 5''9" – Real Street Hop   Royce Da 5'9" – Real Street Hop Empty15/5/2009, 00:36

Take a look at Royce Da 5'9 if you ever wondered why artists make their best music while their life is nothing short of drama. Royce was caught driving while under the influence, which isn't a crime that warrants substantial time, but he was on probation. Appearing before the judge and being sentenced to prison, Royce had the luxury of using his status as a rapper to encourage the judge to allow him work release. Many men would've just received a prison term and got their run of the penile system. However, in this case, being a rapper actually worked out in Royce's favor. Or did it?

Being restricted to a few hours a day to handle business is part of Royce's routine. He struggles with the mistakes he's made that put his family and him in such a position. He finds it hard to spend time with his family as well as making the necessary moves to further his career. Not to say that he's became used to it, but he's working on it.

Along with the sound of his child in the background, you can hear how Royce's voice is full of stress. Seemingly learning to manage his situation, he finds himself more productive on a tight schedule. In addition on working on his latest mixtape, The Bar Exam, Royce squeezes in interviews and tries to leave room for studio time. He's preparing his album, Street Hop, in which he describes as being very "visual." It's sober moments like this that helps some people see.

Even though phone conversation was being monitored, Royce still gave us his most candid answers. He opened up about his projects and his life. We got to see what it's like being between a rock and a hard place. He shows us how his work release program is halting the progress of his life and slowing his business as well. And everybody thought it was cool catching a case; yeah right.

What are you working toward right now?

I'm just finished the Bar Exam mixtape. I'm working on my album called Street Hop.

What do you find different between mixtapes and albums?

The mixtape won't be as conceptual (as the album). It's going to be me rhyming over other people's instrumentals and just spitting good material. It's hosted be DJ Premier, so it has a lot of classic DJ Premier beats on there. It's mostly just freestyles, no disses.

What´s the approach like doing an album as an independent in a situation like yours?

We're recording the project slowly, but surely. We don't have a release date for it yet. We're still trying to find a home for it.

Being independent can be a 'heaven' or 'hell' for some artists; which one is it for you?

Right now it´s cool given my situation. I'm on work release; they gave me a year on that. It's good (being independent) because you don't want a situation like that when you're under contract with people. (Being on work release) isn't slowing up anybody else's money other than my own people. That's bad enough; but I'm making myself focused. Releasing my last album independently was a good look for me; but with the way my material is sounding now, I don't want to limit the amount of people that get a chance to hear it.

Are you shopping or are you being approached by majors?

It's both. I'm shopping as hard as I can and we have plenty people interested; but given my (work release limitations) it's hard to move around and handle my business. I can't do nothing but record.

How long do have left being on work release?

July 18th.

You've been saying that your album is going to be very visual. What do you see when you look at your life? What are the people going to see?

(You can hear a baby in the background as Royce thinks about the question.)

It's kind of like I'm a new artist again. I'm going back to my roots. I'm working hard to get to the spot I want to be in. I'm coming with a lot of concept records on this album.

Does that mean a lot of storytelling?

You'll get the storytelling; but you'll also get concept records where I'm just spitting around the concept. It's like Biggie's Life After Death.

With the way radio is now, do you think storytelling can find it's place?

Anything can be commercial; it just depends on the way you tell it. You can tell a dark story or you tell a commercial story. My album is right in the middle of that.

Does it affect you that most people prefer mixtapes with different artists rather than a complete album from one artist?

Not really because I know you can't please everybody. I'm just doing what I do. It's hard for me to make something that's 'too bright' (pop) anyway.

How does the use of the Internet change marketing schemes?

It changes it a little bit. But, it's in a good way. It's makes you more accessible to people and vice versa. You got to market yourself to the Internet now; there's no way around it. The actual product is easy to market. The next step for you to take is to sell you.

What's a day in the life like for you being on work release?

Right now I come out and go to the office and do interviews. Then I hit the studio. My shit is real limited right now so that's all I can do. I'm in and out of the booth going on the Internet. And, I try to workout a little bit at my crib... When I get out... when they give me my release I'm going straight to New York with my partner and do what we do.

There's been a little crusade since Don Imus made his comments. What's your opinion on the radio stations pulling artists?

I don't understand how they connected Hip-Hop to what (Don Imus) said. He could've made the same statement using many different words. It was just a racist remark. As Black people, we tend to look in-ward at ourselves before we look at what the problem is. The problem is that there are certain things you shouldn't say if you're Black, White, or whatever. There's boundaries; it's not Hip-Hop's fault. That's just the way of the world.

They did the big panel on Oprah and it wasn't even about what Don Imus' comments; it was about Hip-Hop...

Oprah doesn't hate Hip-Hop. She just doesn't like most of it. She's an older woman and just like many mothers out there, they don't like certain types of music. I think that's why Jay-Z's or 50 Cent's story isn't interesting to her. She has the right to put who she wants on her show. That's why you see Russell Simmons, Kevin Lyles, and Common. She thinks they're positive so Hip-Hop is viewed that way. She has the right to put the ladies from the college on the show. That's how she wants women to be viewed. Is every woman in America like that, no. It's her show. But, the world is much more diverse than what she had on that show.

Are you signed to a label or are you independent?

I have an independent label that¢s not corporate with major label right now. The label is called MIC Records.

Out of a pick of front runner labels who would you choose to sign to, that you could say they are going to make me platinum?

It really depends on the media. When you are hearing things on so many labels, you have to think are they going do the same to me? But at the top of my head there is no one in particular.

So you have just been going to meetings and working on the album than correct?

Yeah, working on the tracks and getting them together and stuff.

How is your album coming as far as who¢s featuring?

Nothing right now, I just got a few openings for people to do hooks and sing. Haven¢t really got down with the get down yet, still trying to work on the album and radio play.

Still looking for beats, still recording tracks, or just cutting and pasting tracks you already done?

I¢m always looking for beats, also still cutting, pasting, and making new tracks.

This time around, what kind of production are you messing with?

As far as production I mess with my man DJ Premier and some stuff from Brody, but other than that we still collide with the same people. I¢m keeping my options open to a lot of new cats.

What type of mood is going to be set with the album?

The album is going to be very visual. I¢m telling a lot of stories this time. Just truing to be ten times as more creative as the competition.

You said storytelling, will it be a Slick Rick feel or more so painting ghetto pictures?

Not even close, I¢m trying to get the whole CD to be as if you put in a movie. Every track will be like a scene to the movie. Because when you put in an album you want to sit back and vibe.

What is the realistic goal for your album sales?

I would just have to say what ever pushes my career. Just so my label will stick with me, for me to push out more albums that¢s what I¢m shooting for. If I can top it, it will be a plus cause I feel that I¢m an artist that can have a long career. I¢m 29 now I think I got at least 5 to 10 more years left.

Giving the vibe of Hip Hop right now what is Detroit looking like?

The feeling I get is it¢s basically the same, Crews still separated. No beef than I know of, everything is cool as far as I know.

I know you have new music coming out, is there any videos to go along with these productions?

Nah, just recording so far.

Giving that commercial sale are at a decline right now, do you feel the need to hold off what you have produced for like another year or so?

I don¢t think it would be an issue, but if it did get held back it would be because of me getting comfortable with the label.

As Far as beef, I know you reached out to Proof and reconciled, but with his passing others would think you would break the differences with Em, just on his behalf?

Nah, it ain¢t never gone get repaired

So you¢re saying it¢s never going to happen?

Nope
At the end of your Hip-Hop career, what do you want the game to recognize you as or remember you by as a MC?

The Best!

Giving the movements of the Hip-Hop industry right now when do you think it¢s going to come back to the North or the Mid-West?

Usually it only takes one release; either it¢s going to be me or someone else. What ever grabs the listeners¢ attention, because the world is going to keep spinning that same 360
Back to top Go down
http://www.eminemnews.tk

Royce Da 5'9" – Real Street Hop
Page 1 of 1