Marshall Bruce Mathers
REGISTER FREE NOW! Learn News And Download FREE!

When You Register Introduce Your Self In The Section Of Newbies!

Respect The Rules

We Need Moderators,Uploaders,Graphic Designers..Register And Pm Me Or Reply In Announcements!!thanks
Marshall Bruce Mathers
REGISTER FREE NOW! Learn News And Download FREE!

When You Register Introduce Your Self In The Section Of Newbies!

Respect The Rules

We Need Moderators,Uploaders,Graphic Designers..Register And Pm Me Or Reply In Announcements!!thanks
Marshall Bruce Mathers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion About Eminem And News!

HomeΠόρταλGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
We Need Moderators For The Forum! Pm Me In Forum!
Register Free And Learn News Or Download Free!

Akon talks about working with EM

Go down 
AuthorMessage
VioLenCe7
Eminem's Brother
VioLenCe7

Male
Αριθμός μηνυμάτων : 328
Τόπος : Rhodes Gate7
Ασχολίες : Olympiakos , Graffity , Hip Hop
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Akon talks about working with EM Empty
PostSubject: Akon talks about working with EM   Akon talks about working with EM Empty15/5/2009, 00:34

Akon: Collabos With His Pals

The R&B kingpin reached the top of the charts, but he got some help from his friends.

by Lauren Harris

Few artists can dominate the music scene within a matter of months, but that's precisely what Senegalese crooner Akon has done. His Konvicted disc has sold over two million copies in 27 weeks, making him a studio mentor for superstars such as Em and Gwen. When questioned on reports he's salvaging Jacko and collaborating with Elton, he smiles, nods and says, "Yeah...that's in the air. I heard that too." We asked pop's reigning go-to guy to discuss some of his favorite collaborations.

Akon featuring Snoop Dogg, "I Wanna Love You"

I met Snoop just bouncing in and out of the clubs. But we never really had the opportunity to work with each other. Later I had a record that I felt would be perfect for him, and after I reached out to his brother Buck, Buck reached out to Snoop. I went to the studio and knocked it down. We always said that we were going to work with one another, but we never had the time, schedule-wise. His schedule was crazy, my career was exploding. We got along instantly -- it's always been a brotherly type relationship. He brings the fun to the studio. He's a fun dude, he just lives life to the fullest.

Gwen Stefani featuring Akon, "Sweet Escape"
[Interscope Records head] Jimmy Iovine hooked us up. He was like, "I need to get you in with Gwen. I think the two of you would make incredible records." To me it made sense. With Gwen it was two days straight, just chilling. In the studio, she's just like, "Whatever you want, Akon. Whatever you want, I'll do." And I never expected that from her. Normally when you're working with an artist of that magnitude the participation is totally different. They walk in with so many hits under their belt. But she was [easy]. And that just made it so much better. We vibed together; collaboration was open on both ends and that's why we came up with that incredible record.

Akon featuring 50 Cent, "Mama Africa"
50's a clown in a good way. It's funny -- the image that's portrayed to the media is totally different from him as a person. He's a real fun dude. Me and him would have a lot of conversations as far as how we expand our empires, dealing with other corporations, and then we'd make a record called "Steal, Will, Kill." With 50 it was A.S.A.P. -- an hour and a half. It was conversation more than anything. We were on the phone everyday. We knew what we were going to do before we got in the studio anyway.

R. Kelly featuring Akon, "Slow Wind"
That's a genius right there. Musical genius. Me and him always work via the net. We've never actually been in the studio together. I would be in one studio in New York, and he's in his studio in Chicago. It's crazy, there's this new format that when he's talking, I can hear him through the speakers, and vice versa.

Akon featuring Eminem, Smack That
I think that was the height of my career. That was a year and a half ago. Obie Trice, he bridged us together. I always wanted to work with him, though. He was my first choice. He was a bigger clown than 50! The only thing he takes serious is his work. Everything else is just fun and games. When it's time to work -- that surprised me though: He would come in the studio at 8 o'clock on the dot -- A.M. On time. And he stayed 'til 8 in the evening. He treated it like a job, literally. I would think he clocks in, because he be on time. He takes it that serious. One o'clock comes, he goes and takes his lunch break, comes back!
Back to top Go down
http://www.eminemnews.tk

Akon talks about working with EM
Page 1 of 1